Myths Alive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Storm, Rain, Wind, and Sunny's home

Go down

Storm, Rain, Wind, and Sunny's home Empty Storm, Rain, Wind, and Sunny's home

Post by Animalcrazy1410 Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:12 pm

I soar over the forest, looking for a nice clearing as a permanent home. I fly over the forest neighborhood, and about three miles away from the neighborhood, i spot the most beautiful Forest Clearing I have ever seen. I gently touched down to feel how soft the long, luscious grass really was. I peer around. The clearing has a very small spring in it, and a tight clump of deciduous trees near the center of the clearing provides excellent shelter. I graze on the succulent grass for a few hours, and rest for quite awhile under the trees.

Last edited by Animalcrazy1410 on Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:21 pm; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : changed the whole thing)
Animalcrazy1410
Animalcrazy1410

http://Gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Storm, Rain, Wind, and Sunny's home Empty Re: Storm, Rain, Wind, and Sunny's home

Post by Animalcrazy1410 Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:31 pm

Suddenly, a human with a short, glinting sword crashes through the undergrowth and whacks her head on a tree. She passes out in my clearing.
OOC: Read the human's story (Sunny) in the character thingy

Last edited by Animalcrazy1410 on Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:20 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Added OOC)
Animalcrazy1410
Animalcrazy1410

Back to top Go down

Storm, Rain, Wind, and Sunny's home Empty Re: Storm, Rain, Wind, and Sunny's home

Post by Animalcrazy1410 Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:20 pm

I wake up and look around. I gasp in delight. A beautiful deep gray Pegasus was watching me, his striking white blaze glittered in the sunlight.
The human wakes up, and, as soon as she's spotted me, she gasps in wonderment. I hold my head high to show I'm in no mood for sweet talk.
Animalcrazy1410
Animalcrazy1410

Back to top Go down

Post by Animalcrazy1410 Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:33 pm

I slowly sit up, as not to startle him, and click my tongue encouragingly. He tilts his head and takes a tentative step forward.

I tilt my head at the human as she produces a surprisingly calming clicking sound from her mouth. I step forward to meet her, bracing myself for anything that might hurt me. I slightly expand my wings, just encase an emergency takeoff is necessary. She slowly, obviously to not startle me, raises her hand. I step forward. She closes her eyes and turns her head, making her look much less threatening. I take another step. My nose is about an inch away from her hand. I blow on ti, and inhale. Warm, calm scents flow through my nasal canal, and i gently thrust my nose into her hand. She flinches, and, in awe, looks up. I perk my ears to make myself the least threatening as possible. She smiles, and I lift my head slightly in triumph. I had made a friend!
Animalcrazy1410
Animalcrazy1410

Back to top Go down

Post by Animalcrazy1410 Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:39 pm

The Pegasus slightly expands his wings. He takes a few more steps and is about a foot away from me. I raise my hand and turn my head, ready for a harsh bite. I hear a soft footfall, a hot breath on my hand, and a warm nose pushes into my hand. I flinch, ready for the nip, but it never comes. He nickers softly, and i look up in awe. His warm nose was thrust into my hand. His ears perk when he notices I am looking at him. He lifts his head slightly. I smile, and he nickers again. I smile some more. I have already made a friend, but not just any friend, a Pegasus!
Animalcrazy1410
Animalcrazy1410

Back to top Go down

Post by Animalcrazy1410 Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:10 pm

I wake up on the Pegasus. I get up and go around the clearing collecting herbs and edible weeds for my breakfast. I had my backpack on, and I also had my herb and animal books handy. I carved out a hunk of wood for a bowl for most of the day, and boiled my herb and rabbit soup over a fire I had took long to make. I gave the Pegasus the extra non cooked herbs and dried the rest. We ate and, while I slept, the Pegasus took off soaring.
Animalcrazy1410
Animalcrazy1410

Back to top Go down

Post by Animalcrazy1410 Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:09 pm

I left the human to find some water. Already, I felt attached to her, as a Stallion would his herd of mares and foals. I was hesitant to leave her. This was the kind of bond, though not the exact kind, I had been waiting for since I first opened my eyes. I may not've known the instinct was this, however. I located a small stream, not too far from my clearing. I decided this would be the marker to my west border. I stamped the grass along the stream to work my scent into the earth. I took a long sip of water, and flew back to the clearing. I reared before the human, triumphant. I had thought of my herd's name as well as marked my first border! My herd will be called the Storm herd.
Animalcrazy1410
Animalcrazy1410

Back to top Go down

Post by Animalcrazy1410 Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:38 pm

I woke up a few moments before the Pegasus flew in. He landed before me in what was either a welcome or a celebratory rear. I laughed and stroked his velvety nose. He snorted and suddenly, his attention was elsewhere. His glorious neck arched around, staring behind him, his ears perked. Suddenly, his ears lay flat, and he pounded the earth with one hoof.

A dragon! A dragon was coming to feed! I knelt frantically. The human didn't understand until she heard he noise. She got the message. She leapt on and instantly fell into a horse riding position. She gently dug her heels into my sides. I lifted off, her weight just a simple addition to my own. I flew in spirals, higher and higher. As I leveled out, the human peered down at the wild dragon below us. It was gleaming brown, and had stains, of what i think was blood, all over his neck and head. I snorted. Dirty, repulsive creatures, dragons. I glanced back at the human. Thank goodness she was alright.

As soon as I heard the noise, I knew what he wanted me to do. There was danger. I was going to ride him. As I peered down at the filthy, bloodstained dragon, I was, one, grateful to be alive, and two, grateful for this magnificent Pegasus beneath me. I knew they could understand human, so I started talking to him.
"Hey, uh, I'm not quite sure what to call you, but thanks. A lot."
At this, I saw him nod his head briefly. I hugged his neck.
"Am I going to be riding you a lot?"
He bobbed his head again. I grimaced.
"Well, even though your back is comfy, I'm gonna need a saddle."
He flattened his ears.

A saddle? I have been taught all my life that to succumb to a saddle and bridle was like sacrificing your freedom. She talked quickly.

"Oh, no. I would never keep you in it for longer than needed, just so my tush has a bit more than a spine and short fur."

At this,I sighed and bowed my head slightly. What I would do for this human! She smiled and hugged my neck gently.

"Thank you. I know this is hard for you, but since we're buddies, I have got to have a saddle."
Animalcrazy1410
Animalcrazy1410

Back to top Go down

Post by Animalcrazy1410 Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:03 pm

A few months passed, and the two beings lived their lives peacefully. The introduction to a saddle and bridle went smoothly. We come to one of the most important parts of the story.

The familiar sensation of wind whistling through my hair filled me with joy as I lightly held the reins. Storm, the name of the Pegasus I was riding, loop-de-looped, sensing my joy. I laughed as we spiraled down. We landed. Nothing really happened during the day, so this was the highlight. I led him around instinctively to cool him off, and took his tack off. I stashed them under a large rock, in a large pit I had dug out. I decided to take a nap. I leapt on Storm. What better way to nap than on a mighty Pegasus? I was almost asleep, when suddenly Storm went crazy. I'd never seen him act that way. I clung to his mane and shouted at him.
He flapped his wings strongly. I was in the air. I took position and yelled at him.
"What in the Davy-Jones are you thinking? Are you out of your fuzzy headed mind? You could've killed me!" He flattened his ears in shame and remorse, but then I noticed what he was looking at. He had smelled them, and he was going to claim them for his own.
Animalcrazy1410
Animalcrazy1410

Back to top Go down

Post by Animalcrazy1410 Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:18 pm

Mares! Was all I was thinking. I felt instant regret when Sunny lectured me. She instantly went silent when she saw the two beautiful mares. One was blue-gray with muddy green eyes and large lighter blue-gray wings, the other was light gray with white wings and frosty blue eyes. They looked up at me in awe. They were young, like me.
"Good evening." I said. They nodded their sleek heads.
"Care to join me?"

"Sure! Why not?
"All right," I said shyly. Wind butted me gently.
Excitement grew inside me. This male with the human was powerful, exactly what we needed. I gently butted Rain. "This is what we've been waiting for. A herd to call our own."
I glanced behind me, hardly able to believe that two gorgeous mares were in my clearing. Rain and Wind were gathered around Sunny, snorting in laughter as the jokester told them jokes. I lifted my head to the sky and closed my eyes. Father, my life has begun.

OOC: Please read the mares' profile thingy to see their stories!

Last edited by Animalcrazy1410 on Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Animalcrazy1410
Animalcrazy1410

Back to top Go down

Post by Animalcrazy1410 Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:52 pm

I couldn't believe it. There were three stunning Pegasus in the clearing now, and they actually thought i was funny! The mares wouldn't like the bridle and saddle, I knew, but I was mostly going to be riding Storm.
Animalcrazy1410
Animalcrazy1410

Back to top Go down

Post by Animalcrazy1410 Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:10 pm

Over the next few weeks, the four bonded and became inseparable. When Sunny first showed the saddle to the mares, they PANICKED (and I mean PANICKED) and flew off. Sunny rode Storm (with the saddle on) to where they had flown off, and explained to them why he wore it. They gradually accepted it, though still weary of it, and soon all four were flying together.
Animalcrazy1410
Animalcrazy1410

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down