Myths Alive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A dictionary for newbies on these posting sites.

+2
Magic Pi
The Wind God
6 posters

Go down

A dictionary for newbies on these posting sites. Empty A dictionary for newbies on these posting sites.

Post by The Wind God Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:46 pm

Well.... baisicly the title is self explanatory.

Anyways...... FOR people who have never been on these sites....
OOC: out of character. so when you're in a place like on the beach and you want to talk to somebody like this you put OOC.

BIC: back in character. bascically, you're using your charactar after you're finished talking in OOC.

well... that's about it.... but I could've missed some so could you admins point out some others?
The Wind God
The Wind God
New

Back to top Go down

A dictionary for newbies on these posting sites. Empty Re: A dictionary for newbies on these posting sites.

Post by Magic Pi Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:10 pm

Charrie: Short for character.
FAIL.: Self explanatory, really.
Willow: One who kills charries.
Mod: Awesome.
Global mod: Super awesome.
Admin: TOTALLY ULTIMATE AWESOME.
Magic Pi
Magic Pi
Owner

https://mythsalive.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

A dictionary for newbies on these posting sites. Empty Re: A dictionary for newbies on these posting sites.

Post by The Wind God Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:01 pm

lol. half of those are right. Also the Admins are: Mystic/Owner. Willow/ charrie killer. and magicqueen12/ Idk. Global mods are: me/TWIG. and Sugar'n'Spice/ Idk.

Oh. I forgot one more. Idk= I don't know.
The Wind God
The Wind God
New

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar'n'Spice Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:35 am

Sugar'n'Spice is really awesome, the one who took the place of serpent, the former global mod. I don't really think mystic took enough time to explain what mods (and global mods) are, so I will.

Mod: A user who is ranked slightly higher than a regular user, voted in by the admins. Mods are, from what I've heard, in charge of ONE FORUM and basically do whatever they can to keep the bad stuff out. The light blue their username appears in is dark blue.

Global Mods: A user who is ranked above a Mod and below and Admin, also voted in by the latter. Global Mods are in charge of clearing out and moderating the WHOLE SITE. They have the responsibility of taking the whole site every time they connect. Their username is a really ugly orange.

Hope that helps.

Another rank is Admin. They are Magic Pi, Willow, and magicqueen12. They are the big bosses, owners, and they have the final say. If something goes really wrong outside the forum, it's out of the mods (or global mods) hands and into the admins, i.e. if someone is harassing you in a private message you give the admins a ring and they'll take care of it.

Okay, I will shut up now.
Sugar'n'Spice
Sugar'n'Spice
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar'n'Spice Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:38 am

P.S. That was a warning to all potential harassers.
Sugar'n'Spice
Sugar'n'Spice
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wind God Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:05 pm

And just to put the ranks into the army ranks....

regular users: out of commission officers ( even though i don't want to say this, INCLUDING RP legends.)
mods: lieutenants
global mods: colonels
admins: generals
owner: president.
hope that helps.
The Wind God
The Wind God
New

Back to top Go down

Post by Pandorica Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:59 pm

HEY! Actually, those are accurate descriptions. =|
magicqueen12 really isn't here anymore, and isn't really an admin, technically... but until she comes back she's just... in suspended time and space? I don't know.
Pandorica
Pandorica
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenlover2 Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:14 am

I'm not a mod or anything, but I know several terms that will help.

Brb: Be right back
IKR: I know, right?

Power-playing: when you play another person's character on purpose or accidentally. eg: Jack leaped at Micheal, pinning him down so he was helpless. You don't give the other player a chance to decide if their character counterattacks or doges. Usually you would say that your character leaped at Micheal, aiming to pin him down so he was helpless.

Mini-moding: Your character is perfect, doesn't have any flaws and they are immune to anything and everything that happens.

Chickenlover2
Chickenlover2

Back to top Go down

Post by Brazzlegirl Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:50 pm

Bump: bumping up a thread
TWB: the wind blew; used for when you have nothing to post in ic and are discussing something OoC

[Btw are you Chicken Smoothie on WCRPG?]
Brazzlegirl
Brazzlegirl
Admin

http://www.sparklekitten.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenlover2 Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:35 am

[I have an account on Chickensmoothie, but on WCRPG I'm Werefan Smile . Why?]

Lock: When a mod/administrator closes the thread for any reason so you are unable to post.

Sticky: When a thread is stickied it stays on the top until a mod/administrator unstickies it.
Chickenlover2
Chickenlover2

Back to top Go down

Post by Brazzlegirl Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:22 pm

[Cause I thought you were the person on WCRPG named Chickensmoothie XD]
Brazzlegirl
Brazzlegirl
Admin

http://www.sparklekitten.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Pandorica Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:50 pm

Just noticed there is an incorrect definition on here.
Mini-modding is NOT when your character is perfect or has no flaws. That is a Mary-Sue. Mini-modding is acting like a moderator on people's posts when you aren't one.
Pandorica
Pandorica
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum